Tale of Fantasia

When the kingdom of Galatia is attacked, and its Oracle is kidnapped, a group of warriors band together to restore order to the kingdom!

The Tourney of Champions!!!

Van
    Admin

The Tourney of Champions!!!

Post by Van on Wed May 03, 2017 7:14 pm

Our story begins in the kingdom of Galatia. Where the Tourney of Champions is ready to begin! Following the death of the Oracle's guardian, Julius, the kingdom required a new guardian. Warriors of Paleides have been summoned to participate in the tourney, to see who will prevail and become the new Guardian of the Oracle! Only an hour remains until the official start of the tourney. Many warriors await in a large holding cell within the arena. The sounds of cheers from the massive crowd outside resonates through the cell. Out of all of the warriors present, one stands out the most....

His name is Nir, and he leans against the wall, patiently waiting for the first match to begin. Only sixty warriors in all of Paleides had the courage to enter. Either that, or these sixty just had the ambition. Even if that was the case, it didn't mean they were good guys. Honorable warriors, like Nir. See, some of them knew who he was. And instead of preparing mentally, some of them crowded around the young man sending taunts and harsh comments his way. They intended to break the man's courage. To make him enter the first match with a clouded head. To make him regret his decision of even coming here. But that wasn't the case. Deep inside they knew their taunts and curses wouldn't affect Nir.

The young man was known as, The Sword of Galatia. One of the most gifted soldiers who enlisted in the Galatian army, despite his age. They knew that a soldier of his caliber wasn't going to just cower before them! Nir simply looked at the crowd and smiled. It was what he knew best. They couldn't do much after that. That was their first defeat. The second would come in the arena. Each one walked away, leaving Nir alone. Giving him a moment of peace before the matches would begin.
    Vante

Re: The Tourney of Champions!!!

Post by Vante on Fri May 05, 2017 11:59 pm

Among the rowdy warriors in the holding cell, Virgil and Shinji sat in the middle of them. Shinji had been anxiously looking at all the strong warriors while Virgil was sitting down on a pillar with his arms crossed.

Last edited by Vante on Sat May 06, 2017 2:23 am; edited 1 time in total
    Vante

Post by Vante on Sat May 06, 2017 12:02 am

Shinji - "Man! This is it this is where it all begins for me! I'll beat everyone here no sweat! Oh! Uhh Virgil you're no exception by the way." Barking at Virgil, declaring war.

Last edited by Vante on Sat May 06, 2017 2:29 am; edited 2 times in total
    Vante

Post by Vante on Sat May 06, 2017 2:26 am

Virgil - "You sound awfully confident Shinji." Virgil says with a grin. He then turns away looking out at the crowd. "It's amazing how many strong guys appeared here. I'm excited to see what they're capable of." As he is tightening his fist.
    Vante

Post by Vante on Sat May 06, 2017 2:34 am

Shinji - "Yeah you're right about that. These guys are from all over Paleides. There's bound to be someone around here that'll know about that person." Shinji's face becomes serious.
    Vante

Post by Vante on Sat May 06, 2017 2:38 am

Virgil - Also with a serious expression, "It's been a long four years." He sighs. "But that's what we worked up for. We need to be just as strong as the best in the world otherwise we can't fulfill our promise." Virgil grows quite.
    Vante

Post by Vante on Sat May 06, 2017 2:40 am

There is a fairly long pause between Shinji and Virgil.
    Vante

Post by Vante on Sat May 06, 2017 2:42 am

Shinji - "Well let's enjoy ourselves! We came here to fight right so let's give it our all, even though we already known the outcome." Shinji shrugs arrogantly.
    Vante

Post by Vante on Sat May 06, 2017 2:44 am

Virgil - Virgil smiles, "I guess I'll have to show you up in the finals then."
    Vante

Post by Vante on Sat May 06, 2017 2:45 am

Shinji - "The finals it is then"
    Vante

Post by Vante on Sat May 06, 2017 2:47 am

They both make a fist with their right hand and proceed to fist bump each other. The backs of their hands would touch.
    Van
    Admin

Post by Van on Sat May 06, 2017 2:58 am

The two friends seemed to be enjoying themselves. But, that didn't last long. A tall muscular man, scars all over his body, walked up to the two. His hair was short and spiked, and his cold stare would reveal two onyx colored eyes. He happened to be shirtless, and wore White baggy pants tucked into fur boots. "You two ain't making it to the damn finals. You two are nothing but little punks. And to be honest with you both, I hate little punks." The other warriors started to chuckle, they obviously knew who this guy was. He'd lean in and stare at the taller one before him, "I especially hate little punks that look like you. Do you understand what I'm saying?" Some of the men around him moved to his side, "Hey Grey-Hawk, show them what happens to guys like them!", one of the men yelled. Grey-Hawk smirked and stood straight, mashing his fist into his palm. "They fucking get CRUSHED!"

In the background, Nir couldn't help but smirk. Such a disrespectful bunch these men were. He'd remain silent and continue to watch.
    Vante

Post by Vante on Sat May 06, 2017 3:05 am

Shinji - Almost immediately his happy mood had changed to his hot headed mood. Shinji charged right back at the huge man and stared him straight in the face. "What did you say to me you bastard!!!"
    Vante

Post by Vante on Sat May 06, 2017 3:07 am

Virgil - "Shin..." Virgil had tried to reach out to Shinji to hold him back but Shinji had shoved Virgil off.
    Vante

Post by Vante on Sat May 06, 2017 3:09 am

Shinji - "IF YOU WERE LOOKING FOR A FIGHT WELL YOU GOT ONE!!"
    Van
    Admin

Post by Van on Sat May 06, 2017 3:20 am

So Grey-Hawk managed to get in the guys head. Perfect. That's exactly what he wanted to do. It's all a mental game when it comes to Grey-Hawk. "Haha! I got the little shit mad!! That's what I like to see!" The man closed in, almost butting his head against Shinji's. "I promise you, you'd get killed in no less than a minute!" The men around Grey-Hawk laughed, until one of stepped out of line. "Hey! Hey! I bet these lads have no families! Have no home! Look at their gear! Pathetic mate! Haha!! That flimsy stuff is what I see on those orphans down in Turko square!"

Everyone bursted in laughter. The whole environment even made Nir uncomfortable. But he'd save his breathe and actions. They'd regret everything in the arena. He closed his eyes and prayed that the two young men wouldn't do something reckless.
    Vante

Post by Vante on Sat May 06, 2017 3:29 am

The boys had just flashed back to an event that had scarred them for ever. Shinji looked pale. Not because of what the other man had said but what was about to happen. As the tension in the room arose, Virgil had directed his attention towards the man that had spoken out. Without warning the pressure in the room had started to get heavy. The force was so great that even those who weren't involved in this skirmish felt it. The man had felt the most pressure and his body kept getting heavier and heavier and eventually came down to both knees. Virgil had started walking over towards the man very slowly.
    Van
    Admin

Post by Van on Sat May 06, 2017 3:38 am

A sudden pressure fell upon everyone in the room. Many of the men felt a bit uneasy, and Grey-Hawk couldn't even stand straight. He dropped to his knees, his face in disbelief! "There-There's no way....you're doing this!!" Grey-Hawk looked up at one of the young men, the one with White hair. There was suddenly another force that was felt in the room. If one could see these two forces, it'd appear as if they were clashing. Something else was resonating from within the room!

Some of the warriors began talking amongst themselves, trying to figure out what was going on. For Grey-Hawk and the men close to Shinji and Virgil, they knew where the pressure was coming from on one end. Despite the clashing of pressures, Nir continued to stand unphased. His experience had led him to believe that this force was coming from one of the young men. "One of them is certainly a magic user...One with potential. But there's another in here who's challenging him..."
    Vante

Post by Vante on Sat May 06, 2017 11:50 am

Fortunately for Shinji, he has experienced this type of pressure when training with Virgil so to counter that he had used his own buff magic to move a little more freely. Virgil has void magic thus the pressure they had felt was his specialty, gravity. Virgil had been looking at the man with a blank expression, like that of a soulless person. Just in that moment another pressure had been released as a means to clash with Virgil's. The whereabouts of this pressure had been unknown to all. Shinji was one of the first to notice the fluctuation in pressure. He tried to pin point the location by focusing his perception through his buff magic but was unsuccessful.

The center group had been drawing more and more attention. As Shinji had noticed that and since he couldn't locate the other pressure, he turned towards Virgil. He raises his right hand and smacks Virgil in the back of the head causing Virgil to stumble a little.
    Vante

Post by Vante on Sat May 06, 2017 11:59 am

Shinji - "This isn't the place for that. "He said while leaning over to Virgil. He had also whispered something to Virgil.
    Vante

Post by Vante on Sat May 06, 2017 12:03 pm

Virgil - As he was stumbling after being smacked in the head by Shinji, he lost all concentration of his gravity magic and all pressure he held was lost. With eyes wide and surprised he had heard what Shinji had said. He stands back up and looks at the man who had insulted them. "I'm sorry for overreacting. I was really about to kill you just now." He says earnestly while bowing his head.
    Van
    Admin

Post by Van on Sat May 06, 2017 4:01 pm

There was a silence in the room. Whatever had just happened, had put most of these men on the alert. They were no longer joking and causing trouble. Grey-Hawk, enraged because of his defeat, had clenched his fist. He stood up and stared Virgil dead in his eyes before he bowed. "Your bow does nothing for you. You've shown me what you can do, yet I have shown you nothing. I'll make sure I show you what I can do in the arena. Hopefully, they don't penalize me for accidently killing one of you." Grey-Hawk's face was as serious as ever. A look of bloodlust in his eyes. The men around him had looks of fear, perhaps they knew what he was capable of.

"You talk a lot Grey-Hawk. I wish you could back that talk up. Haha." A voice from the crowd said. Grey-Hawk's serious face instantly turned into an expression of frustration. It's like he knew whose voice it was. Pretty soon it'd be made clear. Nir, The Galatian Sword, would walk out from the crowd. He wore the brightest smile, lightening up the dark mood in the holding cell. "Why don't you go join your folks in the back. Save the talking for the arena." Grey-Hawk stood in silence and turned around abruptly, walking to the center of the room with his goons.

Nir would then turn to the two young men, who looked to be around his age group. "You two must be new."
    Vante

Post by Vante on Sat May 06, 2017 8:15 pm

At this time Virgil had raised his head to look and see who had spoken out from the crowd. Both Shinji and Virgil and both looked upon the young man who was presumed to be the man named "Nir," according to one of the fighters that had announced who he was. The tension had finally dispersed.

Last edited by Vante on Tue May 23, 2017 8:03 am; edited 1 time in total
    Vante

Post by Vante on Sat May 06, 2017 8:18 pm

Virgil - "Thank you for that. I'm not sure the outcome would favor us in this situation, so thank you for helping us out. We are fairly new and we came from a far off village hoping to get stronger and to gain more experience. We thought this would be the perfect opportunity for that." Virgil says to Nir with a smile. Shinji had just stayed quiet and looked on.

Last edited by Vante on Tue May 23, 2017 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total
    Van
    Admin

Post by Van on Sat May 06, 2017 8:43 pm

Nir retracted his arm and kept his smile. He understood the situation they were both in, maybe they wanted to stay conserved to themselves. They, however, did thank him. "It's nothing." One of the young men told him that they had come from a far land hoping to get stronger from this tourney. But did they understand the importance? Maybe Nir could clarify things for them. "I see. So you have something to prove? Or rather, you simply want to better yourselves for something. Interesting. I just want you to know that this tourney isn't a normal tourney to test one's power. We all fight for a chance to stand at The Oracle's side. To protect her. Whoever wins, shall be the next Guardian." Nir's smile vanished. "And I made a promise that I'd be the victor. I do hope you two gain some experience. Maybe get a chance to teach Grey-Hawk a lesson or two."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:46 pm