When the kingdom of Galatia is attacked, and its Oracle is kidnapped, a group of warriors band together to restore order to the kingdom!

The Hunter and The Hunted.

Vante

Re: The Hunter and The Hunted.

Post by Vante on Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:18 am

Gadile

Benkei continues to ask for what purpose do the Ovale warriors have for protecting the demon. ”What you call blind is just you trying to claim you are the only one that is right. We were cursed with this demon but we need it in order to-“ Shinji has stopped himself from speaking any more. Benkei has released his orbs targeting the others. Shinji would momentarily look towards the direction of the others. ”No.” He’d utter in a small voice not to be heard by anyone else.

Kuro has been surprised at the maneuverability of Biggs. He’d also mention his size insulting him by saying “fatty.” Biggs would look to Kuro in a slight of anger. He was a rather hefty young man but his size didn’t matter. He could still move as someone of a smaller frame. ”Didn’t anyone ever teach you to never judge a book by its cover?” Biggs would smirk at Kuro afterwards. At this time the orbs had came crashing into Kuro and Biggs. Kuro got away and so did Biggs at the last possible moment.

Anna had still kept Nir at bay as he’d continue trying to pierce her barrier. At this time the orbs would blow up in her face. This attack was an effort to freeing Nir however... Nir was still entrapped within the barrier and Anna had come out unscathed. Koji had put up a barrier of his own protecting Anna. She closed her eyes before impact and upon realizing she had not got hit yet she slowly opened them to see the wolf pup standing strong with its barrier intact. ”Koji! Thank you, you saved me.” She’d smile at the wolf pup but her inexperience will prove to be fatal as her barrier weaken due to her lack of focus.

Shinji would turn to Benkei and scoff. ”Heh it’ll take more than that to Take those guys out.”

Virgil’s Inner Mind

Remi got closer and closer to Virgil’s seemingly lifeless body. ”Hey.. Virgil?... Virgil??..” She’d call out to the young man many times. Nostradamus would stare at the two. “We should put him in the cage while we have the chance.” ”uhh.. yes yeah.. you’re right Master.” Remi was hesitant in moving Virgil but they had no other choice. As Remi is teaching to pick Virgil up, Nostradamus has noticed the fog creeping up on them again. Once Remi touches Virgil, the fog had completely surrounded her. As she tried to pick him up, she immediately let go of him. ”Ow! Ahh!” She’d shout a little as she felt a burning sensation. ”What.. What was that?” Nostradamus looked confused as much as she was. The old man had noticed that the fog had been creeping up again and that’s when he noticed! “Remi! Use wind magic to blow away the fog! It’s the fog that’s dangerous!” Nostradamus shouting at Remi. She was a bit surprised but she complied. She’s use her wind magic in order to blow away the fog. It was successful but that’s when an eerie voice had started to speak to them. ”It... will be... impossible.. for you to put him back in the cage... I will claim this host...
    Benkei Kagemori

Post by Benkei Kagemori on Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:47 pm

Benkei stood their breathing heavily looking at shinji as he would remark how that it would take more than benkei's little tricks. Benkei gritted his teeth as he corrected shinji "The attack wasn't to defeat them but distract them so my comrades can find openings!" Benkei charged at shinji using the lightning in his hands to create needle like weapons to throw at shinji to paralyze him. Benkei struggled with the fact that shinji hid his true intentions from him that concerned the demon. Benkei struggled to fight him with the intent not to kill him but immobilize him. benkei would slam his claws into the ground sending shock waves to unbalance his footing as well as obscure his vision. Benkei would use this moment to speed blitz shinji and kick him right in his gut to send him in the air where he could not move to dodge. If the kick would land successfully benkei would follow it up with a barrage of lighting arrows to strike his locations and shock him intensely.
    Van
    Admin

Post by Van on Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:28 am

The two, Kuro and Biggs, had managed to escape the attack from Benkai in time. They’d land a good distance away from each other, a smokescreen seperating the two from the impact. ”Never judge a book by its cover ya say? I’ve never heard of that...” Kuro smirked. Although Biggs was putting up a challenge, Kuro was enjoying the battle. Rarely did he ever get the chance to control Van’s body. However, this did come at a cost. For Kuro isn’t a profficient in combat as Van is. ”I totally forgot your name! What was it again? I’ve gotta remember it this time because you’re pretty good!” Kuro raised his arm, forming an axe-like blade. He’d quickly charge Biggs aiming to cut at his stomach.

Meanwhile, with Nir, he had smiled at Anna and Koji. They had been attacked by Benkai, but managed to defend themselves at the nick of time. ’Good work!!!’ At that moment, he was given an opening. With Anna losing focus because of the blast, Nir finally cut through the barrier! He’d quickly rush Anna and Koji, using the pommel of Faith to thrust into Anna’s stomach. ”I’m sorry!” If it was blocked, he’d remove Lionheart and use a light shield smash to push her away.
    Vante

Post by Vante on Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:27 pm

Gadile

Nir was finally able to break through Anna’s barrier. He’d attack her with the back of Faith but would be intercepted by Koji. Koji would bite and clamp onto Nir’s attacking arm preventing him from doing anything more. This would actually knock Anna back and off her feet, falling to the ground as the wolf pup would engage the Galatian Sword.

Benkei’s explanation of his attack had left Shinji to look back at Nir breaking Anna’s barrier. He would sigh with relief that Koji is still with her. ”Don’t underestimate them. The both of them together are strong.. stronger than me even.” Benkei would then charge Shinji throwing lightning based needles at Shinji. ”Heh.. This again? I told you attack’s like this won’t wirk!” Shinji would take on the lightning needle and stand strong. ”Look you see? Nothing. I have a high resistance to lightening so of course it won-“ Shinji has boasted I’m about his highetend resistance to lightning. This however left him with his guard down allowing Benkei to slip past and kicking him in the gut in the air. He’d hold his stomach from the pain while being assaulted with lighting arrows. He’d fall to the ground still holding his stomach. His body was enveloped with electricity. ”I told you... it won’t..” Moments after Shinji speaking he’d used his magic to boost his speed and appear at Benkei’s side almost instantaneously. ”Work!” He would send a powered up straight punch to the side of Benkei’s face.

Upon the two Kuro and Biggs avoiding the blast from Benkei, Kuro would mention that he’d never heard of the phrase, “never judge a book by its cover.” ”That’s quite alright. I had intended on showing you anyway.” Biggs would smirk at Kuro as the spectral figure had went on to say he had forgotten Biggs’ name, asking for it again. ”You’re a rude one you know.” Biggs would not even give Kuro his name. It mattered not. Kuro had already formed an ax with his arm and slashed at Biggs. Biggs would intercept with his own broadsword.

Virgil’s Inner Mind

Both Nostradamus and Remi would look around for the voice but couldn’t find who it came from. They would look around for some time and then suddenly the fog had formed a silhouette figure. ”You who have come here... turn back or face consequences in which humans have never known.” Nostradamus would stand to the figure. “You are the thing that inhabits this boy. The demon in the arm are you not?” Remi would look at Nostradamus with shock then to the figure. ”Indeed I am human. I remember you had once put this vessel inside the cage once before in order to suppress my influence. I couldn’t take over until now. A human had entered this realm trying to takeover my vessel. That I cannot allow because this vessel is the only vessel that can withstand my physical form. You who have come before me will not be getting in the way of me completely taking over this vessel.” ”No way! You can’t just come and take him away from us! I.. I won’t let you!” ”Human girl.. you are indeed fierce.. I have seen you through the eyes of this body. You remind me of a love I had once. She became weak minded and ultimately lost her life to humans.... I will allow you to accompany me to accomplish my goals  so long as you submit before me.” Remi started to progressively get more freightened of this menacing force so much that she would start backing away from it. ”N.. no.. You can’t keep his body... we’ll get it back from you.. you... you monster!” ”Foolish girl.. you have seen but a fraction of my power.. Now watch as show you what half of my full strength is capable of The fog had formed two large holes shaped like eyes, showing the battlefield through the eyes of Virgil. ”Shinji! Anna! Biggs! Koji!”

Gadile

With all these events happenening and the demon being restrained it was now at this moment the demon within had showed half of its true power. A dark aura had begun to overpower the light. The ground would begin to shake and even the air. Beams of darkness would erupt from the ground around the area. Now the demon would screem at high enough frequency to immobilize every fighter in the field. Koji would release his grip from Nir and try to cover his ears. Anna would start balling up crying form the intense noise. Biggs would drop his sword to cover his ears. Shinji would cover his ears while still standing. ”Wha.. what.. the hell ... is this!!?” The demon would continue this fit of rage until finally the chains would start to release from the ground. With one last shout, the demon had broke free from the chains and the dark beams as well as the rumblings had subsided. Just how strong is half of the demon’s true power?

Last edited by Vante on Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:37 am; edited 1 time in total
    Benkei Kagemori

Post by Benkei Kagemori on Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:48 pm

Benkei watched as his attacks had helped his friends somewhat as benkei had connected with shinji as he injured him a bit "Do not underestimate a monk!" as he spoke shinji had appeared before him "Wait that speed!" He connected with benkei jaw sending him flying meters away hitting trees and boulders "URGH!!!!". Dust clouds covered the area where benkei had landed, his magic was almost gone and he began to go numb. just then the ground started to shake as the demon has began to awake again and break free of his restraints. Benkei would recognize that energy and grit his teeth, his anger would awake from his body. Benkei arm would shake but he would restrain himself "No not again i will not go down this dark path to fight that thing but i must do something or many people will die!" The ground around benkei would shake his energy would seep out of his body, the gem that benkei had taken from the rock creature early would glow bright as well
    Van
    Admin

Post by Van on Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:28 pm

Nir’s strike was suddenly stopped! Koji had intercepted the attack, biting onto Nir’s arm. ”Koji! You are truly amazing!” Although the wolf pup had stopped Nir, he was rather pleased with his ability to protect his owner. For that, Nir couldn’t help but smile. With his free hand, he grabbed onto Koji, trying to relieve the pressure from his arm. ”This is going to hurt!”

Kuro on the other hand was still engaged with Biggs. The two had exchanged some words. ”Show me? Show me what? How a fatso, like yourself, fights?” He’d then gasp upon hearing Biggs call him rude. ”Rude!? No way! I’m not the rude one! That’s Van!” They’d then clash, with Kuro pushing into the broadsword. ”I’ll tell you this though, you are pretty strong! But-“ A tremble in the ground would alarm Kuro, and even Nir. Beams of darkness would erupt from all around them. ”What the!?”

There was then a screech from the demon, as it broke free from the chains that kept it bound. Kuro could see how Biggs was affected. He’d also lower his weapon, choosing not to attack him. His form would begin vibrating at the sound, but it didn’t directly affect him. ”Shit, we’ve wasted too much time!” Nir’d hold his ears as well the moment Koji released his jaw-lock. ”Damn!!!”
    Vante

Post by Vante on Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:36 am

Gadile

The demon would be breathing heavy as it has tried to grasp a hold of this newly attained power from the demon within. Finally controlling its breathing, it’d pick its head up facing Shinji who was the closest to it. Shinji would stand in awe as the demon took on a new form! An even more grotesque form. The muscle definition, darkened almost pitch black skin, fangs and claws, spikes coming from the face and body itself... the demon was truly that of a demon now. The sheer force of just looking at this demon was enough to bring someone to their knees in fear. Shinji was frozen m. He couldn’t even recognize Virgil behind this demon no longer. ”Y- you- you can’t be- the same. I’ve-?” Shinji was nervous when speaking, swallowing just before trying to say Virgil’s name. Instantaneously as he tried to utter Virgil’s name the demon with it’s speed and long reach had already swung at the latter. Shinji would get swiped and smacked a far distance into nearby debris. The demon had did it with such ease and speed Anna and Biggs had just looked on without ever being able to truly react. ”Shinji?” Anna was confused how the demon was so much more devastating than earlier. Biggs on the other had already started rushing towards the demon ”This.. this can’t be happening! This has never happened before? Why? Why? Could he really lose the fight for his body?” Biggs was thinking to himself as he desperately tried to rush over to where the demon was. ”VIRGIL!!” This time Biggs shouted out the name of who the demon was loud enough for anyone close enough to hear. Since Kuro was the only one close enough to hear, then unless he wasn’t paying attention, Kuro would know who the demon was now.

Benkei Kagemori

Post by Benkei Kagemori on Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:33 pm

Benkei layed there shaking from the new intense pressure the demon released from his body "Why can i not move , what is that evil force that has emerged!". Benkei struggled to stand as his body would shake more and more, his arms were in pain and felt heavy in a way. Benkei could feel his gauntlets reacting, he gripped is arm "No not this way not again" He could see everyone stopped fighting and their concern was with the demon. Benkei could see shinji was in the direct path of the demon and stood frozen.Benkei eyes had widened as the demon looked different and more grotesques "What are you doing! kill that beast now!" Benkei saw as even anna and koji looked at the demon as if it was a close friend. Biggs ran towards the demon screaming a name that he could not make out to well but he started to catch the lip movements of biggs "That beast needs to die and only nir or I can do this successfully......I need his sword" Benkei ran towards nir as fast and as best as he could trying to reach his friend. The gem in benkei's pocket still had a light glow to it responding to all the energies around the area
    Van
    Admin

Post by Van on Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:17 pm

This was bad! Very bad! The demon had grown much stronger! In a quick motion, it had already sent Shinji flying into nearby debris. He wasn’t even able to react! ”What the hell!? I couldn’t even see that thing!” He’d turn to Anna and Koji, ”You two! Please! Get away from here! It’s not safe right now!!! I understand that he may be your friend, but what’s currently in possession of his body will kill you!!!” He’d then turn back to the demon, watching as Biggs charged forth yelling out something. ”Dammit!!! What is he doing!? He’ll die!!!! Anna, just get to safety!!!” Nir had no choice, he’d have to also attack the demon and back up Biggs. They wouldn’t stand a chance just watching lone attacks! If they wanted to survive, they’d have to work together. ”Benkai!!!! Follow me!!! We’ve got to help Biggs!!!” As he ran towards the demon, he looked down at Faith. ’You’ve got to activate again! Please!’

Kuro remained at his location, watching Biggs move in for the demon. He could hear him yell out, Virgil, clearly. ”Virgil....? Is that the name of the host?” He could then see both Nir, and if Benkai joined him, Benkai heading in to attack the demon as well. ”Oh what the hell!? You guys should have just sat out and watched!!! Now I’ve got to get involved!” Kuro’d turn to Anna, and the hole in the ground made from his attempted attack earlier. ”Hmm. Well, here it goes!” The fiend would also move in for the demon, but would circle around. ”Chaaaaarge!!!!!! I’ve always wanted to say that!!!” They would try to surround the creature.
    Vante

Post by Vante on Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:53 pm

Gadile

Nir had told Anna to get to safety but she was frozen. In this moment Nir watched as Biggs closed in on the monster. He’d take it upon himself to join in on the action along with Benkei and Kuro. Koji would bark and rush in towards the demon as well. Biggs had saw that Nir and the others were going to try and attack the demon however, this was not what Biggs had wanted. He’d take up his broad sword and swung at Nir who had been the closest to him. Koji would stand in front cutting Benkei off. ”What do you think you’re doing?” He’d stand firm as he would not allow Nir to pass much like Kojo wouldn’t allow Benkei to pass. While Kuro was paying more attention to the demon rather than the Ovale group, Anna had fired a blast of holy magic towards him. She would breathe heavy. The demon had observed from the time the warriors had surrounded it until they Galatians were intercepted. It was about to make it’s move depending on the reaction of The Galatians.

Last edited by Vante on Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Benkei Kagemori

Post by Benkei Kagemori on Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:08 pm

benkei would run with nir at the demon but biggs and koji would stop them. Benkei would become frustrated with them protecting that demon. He would still not know the demon himself was virgil as he struggled "I do not have time for these games " He would slam the ground with his fist and raise the rumble below them to throw off their footing and throw it at the two. Benkei directed nir "Just end this already, i do not care who is this beast but it needs to be stopped at all cost before everyone here dies!" Benkei rushed koji and held a ball of light in his palms "No one life is more important than the lives of millions nir understand that". Benkei tossed it at the pup as he knew how sensitive dogs eyes were compared to humans "I will not hurt you if i do not have too". The light exploded causing a momentary blinding solar flare. Benkei would use this opportunity to rush past the pup and koji to get close to the demon. The tips of his fingers would heat up with fire magic, benkei would attempt to end this with a pin pointed and powerful strike to the heart
    Van
    Admin

Post by Van on Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:40 pm

Nir followed closely behind Biggs, with Benkai at his side. Before they could even come close to the demon, Biggs had immediately turned, swinging his broadsword at Nir! ”What!?” He quickly raised Faith, blocking against the attack. The sheer force was enough to send him sliding backwards. ”I don’t understand....” Benkai wasted no time in going on the offensive. Using his elemental magic, he was able to conjure up a tremor beneath Biggs and Koji, who attempted to block off Benkai. As the monk countered the two, he mentioned that the life of one demon, no matter who it was, was not more valuable than millions of others. He had urged Nir to take action. ”Benkai....” The ground beneath Koji and Biggs then shifted upwards, turning about on them. Nir quickly maneuvered past the obstacle, continuing on his path towards the demon. Managing to get by Biggs and Koji, he could see the remnants of a light flash ahead of him. ”Good work Benkai! I’ll be able to finish this!” Tightly gripping onto Faith, he sent a thrust towards the demon.

Meanwhile, Kuro found himself being attacked by Anna! A blast of Holy magic was sent towards the fiend in an attempt to intercept his path. ”What the!?” He’d quickly stop, reaching out with his arm and sending a blast of Twilight magic. The two would collide, sending a massive shockwave throughout the battlefield. ”Had she been more profficient in her use of magic, and I would have had to add in more.....Kuku....She’s going to be good. But unfortunately, I don’t have any time for this.” Kuro suddenly raised his other hand! From the hole near Anna, a piece of his matter shot out, attempting to wrap around her and subdue her. It was a piece of his tendril that he dettached when he attacked her earlier.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:23 am