Tale of Fantasia

When the kingdom of Galatia is attacked, and its Oracle is kidnapped, a group of warriors band together to restore order to the kingdom!

The Hunter and The Hunted.

Van
    Admin

Re: The Hunter and The Hunted.

Post by Van on Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:34 pm

Nir nodded, "Understood Benkai. I'll get some of our vegetables and some water for the horses." He stood and walked over to a large bag, removing some carrots. Afterwards, he walked over to his horse to remove a large water canister it was carrying. "Alright, here you go guys." While Benkai returned to the campsite to begin the fire, Nir tended to the horses and set up their feeding and water stations. Kuro remained put at the campsite, bathing in the shadow created from the fire Benkai started. "I'll be here." 

The two girls sat beside each other, patiently waiting for the chef to begin naming the specials. "It's so late in the night, but I'm so hungry! Just give me anything! Haha!" Stella chuckled, "Yes, I'm awfully hungry as well. I usually don't eat at this time, but I cannot keep going like this." She gave a fox smile as she rubbed her stomach. They, unfortunately, would have to wait a bit longer. For Benkai had joined Van in hunting down the food. 

Walking deep into the woods, Van could hear Benkai catching up. "Weren't you tending to the fire? Why'd you come along?" He stopped and turned around to face Benkai. 

Benkei Kagemori

Post by Benkei Kagemori on Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:59 pm

Benkei would walk beside van "Nir and the girls are tending to the fire plus we need food right ? I am pretty sure their is a lake around here and some meat we can get from any wild live around here so you could help with that " He looked back at the girls and nir smiling "We are a good bunch you know? we all have our purpose in this mission and our own special talents ....that includes you my friend". Benkei would grab his rod from his back and start fishing by a near by lake "Ahhh a calm mind is a steady heart" He would motion van to come near and ask if he would like to try fishing to clear his mind and heart ? Benkei would smile at van and then hear some tussling in the bushes near them. Dear would pop out walking towards the lake for a drink "Ah look how majestic these creatures are, they clearly are a sign of hope or something good to come"
    Van
    Admin

Post by Van on Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:37 am

Benkai spoke of how each of them had their own purpose. How they brought their own individual talent. It was as if they were destined to be together for this mission. It made Van think about his old family. When he lived in the mountains with Dolvun. He watched as Benkai removed his fishing rod, sitting down at the edge of a large rock to cast his line. "I-" The rustling in the bushes then caught his attention. A small family of deer emerged from the woods to drink from the lake. Van slowly raised his hand, beginning to generate Twilight energy, but soon realized that the small fawn was still feeding from its mother. The energy would slowly dissipate. "Yeah, I'd like to believe so." 

If they were indeed good fortune, then maybe there was hope that they'd find the Oracle. As of now they were too far behind. There was no telling where she'd be. "Benkai, do you think we're going to find her?" He was just being realistic with the question. "It's been about a day and a half since we departed Galatia. We've been losing too much ground." As he spoke, the deer suddenly raised their heads, looking spooked. They'd scurry back into the woods at the sight of bubbling in the water. "Hm?"
    Vante

Post by Vante on Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:27 pm

Remi would come to sit next to Biggs. "Thanks again for dinner, it was amazing like always." Remi would say. "Aww man, haha it's no problem at all and thank you." Biggs would chuckle and blush while rubbing the back of his head. Compliments like this give him so much joy it excites him. Unfortunately he can't really hide his excitement and Remi notices and smiles with him.

The night would continue as the two stayed up together. "You know it's my watch right? You should rest." He would say. "You know under the circumstances I would've but I can't." "Hmm? Why is that?" There was a short pause and someone had walked up behind them saying, "it's probably the same reason I can't sleep either." Both startled, Remi and Biggs would turn the voice only to reveal it was Shinji. "I can't sleep either because I'm too damn happy." Biggs would look at Shinji in confusion. "Happy? About what?" Shinji would point in the direction of the fire over towards Anna. "Did you notice anything different about her ever since we left the village?" "Did I notice something different?" Biggs would still look confused as he would cross his arms and put his hand to his chin while thinking. "No I can't seem to recall." "Well you know how Remi is the closest person to Anna besides Virgil? She is ok with you too but with me it's not that easy. Don't get me wrong we have a good relationship but in terms of her opening up to people she hasn't even been completely open with me like you guys." Biggs would add, "ok so what's you're point?" "Well ever since Virgil left Anna has started to become more independent and more open. I only really noticed when she came to me to train. When I saw her with Agita I was extremely happy. The way she acted around her. The way she talked, everything about her was different and I was so happy. Besides us, Agita was the very first friend she's made and that was in her own." "I would have to agree, being as close to Anna as I am I also noticed her change. It's made me really happy as well. I'm actually kinda surprised a dense guy like you could've even thought about that." Remi would say. "Hey what's that supposed to mean !?" Shinji would say with a little bit of anger. "Now that you mention it, you're right. Anna is a whole lot more comfortable now after netting Agita." Biggs had said. After a short pause, "you guys are that happy you can't even sleep." Biggs smiled. "Well actually about that." Shinji would say. Remi and Biggs would look to him in confusion. "I'm happy and I'm sad." "Sad?" Remi would ask. "I'm sad because I feel like this is where we should let her go." "LET HER GO!?" Biggs would sound upset. "Wait what!? Shinji what are you saying?" Remi would say. "What I'm saying is, Anna is still just a little girl. She shouldn't have to be risking her life. She should be able to live the life of a normal girl." Shinji would say. "Wha- I don't get it? Why do we have to leave her behind?!" Remi would shout to Shinji. "Because we can't risk her life anymore! I can't bare the thought of losing Anna or any of you. I think it's best if we leave her here." Shinji would finish.

Benkei Kagemori

Post by Benkei Kagemori on Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:57 pm

Benkei would look at the beautiful sigh of the deer as they seem to represent some time of good fortune "Ah what a sight to behold" He would listen to van as he spoke and agreed with him about purpose and how things have played out. He would notice the small amount of energy van had produced in a quick second due to his instinct of potentially sensing danger "Easy my friend do not get so tensed up" Van would calm down and sigh as he began to question if they would even succeed in finding the oracle "I know we have lost some ground but i have to believe we will find her,we have to for the good of the people of thousands maybe millions of people could die because of a unneeded war". Benkei would sigh and look at van "I have studied under her teachers my whole life and always have had faith in her blessings......faith is really all we have in li..." Before he could speak he could see that some disturbing was coming from the water that scared the deer "Uhhhhh this is not some trout or regular fish i think" soon a huge trembling could be felt from the ground and water began to rise
    Van
    Admin

Post by Van on Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:40 pm

A pillar of water erupted from the lake, revealing a massive tentacle as the water showered onto the surrounding area. On the tentacle was a giant slit, which slowly opened, revealing a massive eye. "What is that thing?" From the water shot out more tentacles. They'd quickly close in on both Van and Benkai, swiping forth with much force. Van quickly jumped away from his prior location, hoping that Benkai would also do the same. "That thing is trying to make us its dinner." He landed on the branch of a nearby tree, watching as the tentacles miss the swipe, but still manage to ram into the surrounding trees. 

"Benkai, have any suggestions?" The trees began toppling, leaving Van with no choice but to return to the ground position. As he awaited an answer, the creature opened more of its eyes to watch the two. 
    Vante

Post by Vante Yesterday at 9:46 am

A silence broke out. The fire continued to crackle as the night winds continued to roar quietly. "Wait .. wait a second ! What do you mean leave her behind?!" Remi would stare at Shinji in disbelief. Biggs also looked at Shinji, shaken as if he saw a ghost. "I really meant what I said. There's no reason why she should continue this fight risking her life." Shinji would say. "She has every right to be in this fight! She was there on that night. She lost her family and friends just as we have! What makes you think she doesn't have the same sense of duty as we have !?" Remi would start shouting getting louder and louder. Panning over towards the sleeping Anna she starts to roll over as if she was about to wake up. "She may have been through everything we have but aren't you forgetting she's still just a little girl!?" Shinji also began to raise his voice getting just as angry as Remi. "We're already considered adults our days of growing up are over! We can't live a normal life because this is the path we chose!" Shinji would say as Biggs was trying to shush him down because his voice was starting to get too loud. "Anna on the other hand she can walk away from all this! She still has time. I don't care what happens to me but she should at least have the chance to live the life we couldn't, the life... our whole village couldn't. She is our last ray of hope. I couldn't bare the thought of her dying before me and I don't want to stain her innocent hands red." Shinji would continue progressively getting quieter and more sentimental. Remi would stare at Shinji angrily with her expression turning more sentimental like Shinji's. She knew he was right and she also thought the same. She also thought that Anna shouldn't be involved with the fighting anymore. "You know if we leave Anna back in the village she has a great friend there. Akita in an instant was able to open her up faster and more efficiently then we did." Biggs would add. They all looked at each other in silence. Just then, " that's not.. that's not for you to decide!" a crying Anna had appeared before them!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:42 pm